About EBM Tools
Ecosystem-Based Management (EBM) tools are methods and software that help practitioners incorporate scientific and socioeconomic information into decision making. EBM tools can help:
- Develop models of ecosystems
- Generate scenarios illustrating the consequences of different management decisions on natural resources and the economy
- Facilitate stakeholder involvement in planning processes.
The diagram below (Halpin et al., In press) shows the range of EBM tools.
Learn more about:
- Questions projects should think about before using tools
- Best practices for using tools
- Best practices for developing tools